[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54982: In 5.9 (classic) post editor the author pulldown only lists users with "edit_posts" capability

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Feb 15 17:43:32 UTC 2022

#54982: In 5.9 (classic) post editor the author pulldown only lists users with
"edit_posts" capability
 Reporter:  joneiseman    |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by pyrobd):

 Replying to [comment:13 joneiseman]:
 > The process used on the website is that the Editor or Administrator
 creates the posts on behalf of the Contributors and then uses the pulldown
 to select the Author. The Contributors actually never log in, they just
 send in the post to the Editor or Administrator. There is no need to give
 the edit_posts capability to Contributors.

 Got it now I also agree with you, so if the patch is needed now I will be
 happy to contribute my first Patch here.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/54982#comment:16>