[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #56445: Give a notification in Site Health when you are using a (temporary) closed plugin/theme

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Aug 26 12:04:25 UTC 2022

#56445: Give a notification in Site Health when you are using a (temporary) closed
plugin/theme
-----------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  NekoJonez                    |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                  |     Status:  new
Component:  Site Health                  |    Version:
 Severity:  normal                       |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  administration, performance  |
-----------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 I think it would be helpful to users if they get a notification if they
 are using a closed plugin/theme from the repo's.

 I'm thinking this might help website admins avoid hacks and such because
 they are using a plugin/theme with a vulnerability.
 Since, currently it's quite a manual check.

 At the other hand, it has the possibility to create some fear culture.
 Especially if a plugin is e.g. shutdown because a trademark issue and
 sometimes those can be resolved "easy and fast" (changing the logo/name or
 a trademarked name in a string...)

 So, what do you all think?