[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #56412: gallery block produces shifted output since the new gallery block implementation

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Aug 21 11:43:24 UTC 2022

#56412: gallery block produces shifted output since the new gallery block
implementation
 Reporter:  silicium23    |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Themes        |    Version:  6.0
 Severity:  major         |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 I noticed that at least in the theme "twentysixteen", images are shiftet
 to the left. The issue only affects newly created galleries!

 In the database i found that the code, wordpress writes is different since
 wordpress 6 (or maybe little earlier).

 I've disabled all plugins and css/js customizations and i used a unchanged
 vanilla twentisixteen theme, problem persisted.

 In the IRC, Clorith told me that it is a bug related to:
 https://github.com/WordPress/wordpress-
 develop/blob/35da3652824faff4be01f60c42d4a4dd84b42337/src/wp-
 content/themes/twentysixteen/style.css#L3607-L3615

 Because in WordPress 6.0 images no longer have a wrapper around the
 `figure` tag.

 The issue in production: https://www.waldrian.com/2022/06/06/wuestentour-
 und-werkstattwochen/