[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54426: Add a "Copy URL to clipboard" row action in Media > Library...similar to the botton on the Edit Media screen

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 11 22:01:53 UTC 2021

#54426: Add a "Copy URL to clipboard" row action in Media > Library...similar to
the botton on the Edit Media screen
-------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  pbiron                         |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                    |     Status:  new
Component:  Media                          |    Version:
 Severity:  normal                         |   Keywords:  needs-patch
  Focuses:  ui, accessibility, javascript  |
-------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 #48463 added a "Copy URL to clipboard" button on the `Edit Media` screen.

 I think it would be nice if there were an equivalent "row action" on the
 `Media > Library` screen.

 What I end up doing now is:

 1. find the media I need the URL for on the `Media > Library` screen
 2. edit that media
 3. click the "Copy URL to clipboard" button
 4. paste the URL where I need it

 I think it would be a big win to not need to do steps 2 & 3.

 Note that I am **not** suggesting to remove the button from the `Edit
 Media` screen :-)