[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53149: Plugins: Consider using `block.json` file as an entry point for blocks from Block Directory

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed May 5 18:53:37 UTC 2021

#53149: Plugins: Consider using `block.json` file as an entry point for blocks from
Block Directory
-----------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  gziolo           |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request  |      Status:  new

Comment (by gziolo):

 > As far as I know, a PHP file is required because Block Directory plugins
 are just a specific type of plugin and have to adhere to the same
 requirements around required files.

 Yes, all correct. This is what I'm proposing. Let's discuss if we could
 make the system more flexible and allow to skip PHP file when `block.json`
 is present.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/53149#comment:3>