[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53138: Cross site scripting (XSS) found in the edit post functionality of admin panel WP 5.7.1

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon May 3 12:43:00 UTC 2021

#53138: Cross site scripting (XSS) found in the edit post functionality of admin
panel WP 5.7.1
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  ashishc1878     |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)    |     Status:  new
Component:  Security        |    Version:  5.7.1
 Severity:  major           |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  administration  |
 Hi there,

 I don't known if it's a vulnerability or a feature but I found a Cross
 Site Scripting vulnerability in the admin panel of latest WP 5.7.1.

 URL affected - https://example.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=123&action=edit.

 Looking forward to a response.

 Thanks,
 Ashish Gupta.