[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53571: Block inserter switches itself to paragraph block, when the user modifies any block settings before inserting the block.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jul 1 06:32:50 UTC 2021

#53571: Block inserter switches itself to paragraph block, when the user modifies
any block settings before inserting the block.
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  alanjacobmathew  |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)     |     Status:  new
Component:  Editor           |    Version:
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                   |
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 V: 5.8-RC1 . Theme: Twenty Twenty One . No plugins installed.

 The issue also exists in the stable 5.7.2 version. Tried with Twenty
 Twenty and Astra theme

 To reproduce:

 1: Add a new post.
 2: Click on Add Block
 3: Modify any of the block setting in the toolbar on the right.
 4: Try to add that block again. I can't insert just any block, unless I
 just want to transform it to a heading block or something similar.

 I am not sure whether this is a bug or a feature, but if in case it is a
 feature the 'text' in the block should be changed, as the user can't add
 anymore blocks in there.