[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #52279: This site appears to be under version control. Automatic updates are disabled. Flag to disable this behaviour?

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jan 12 01:37:43 UTC 2021

#52279: This site appears to be under version control. Automatic updates are
disabled.  Flag to disable this behaviour?
 Reporter:  stacksoft     |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:  5.6
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 I am using Git to deploy and manage my WordPress site. I noticed that
 WordPress disables automatic updates when it detects version control. Is
 there an environment variable or flag to disable this behaviour? Maybe I
 can add something to wp-config.php so I can enable automatic updates while
 using VC?

 We use git heavily for deployments, but we want to maintain automatic
 updates. We just commit and push the updated core files when an update
 happens. I am quite puzzled by this default behaviour it seems to promote
 insecure deployments if you use git?

 Cheers,