[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #52287: Twenty Twenty One: Inline Images displaying on new lines (as display: block)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Feb 4 19:56:14 UTC 2021

#52287: Twenty Twenty One: Inline Images displaying on new lines (as display:
block)
----------------------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  talldanwp                               |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                            |      Status:  new

Comment (by paaljoachim):

 Went into:
 {{{
 cd wordpress-develop
 }}}

 Added:

 {{{
 git reset --hard
 }}}

 Added:

 {{{
 npm run grunt patch:https://github.com/WordPress/wordpress-
 develop/pull/874
 }}}

 Added:

 {{{
 npm run dev
 }}}

 Checked http://localhost:8889/
 Noticed that the image even a very small one was added to a seperate line.

 Checking the Chrome console.
 It did not say inline-block. Which means I have not been able to test the
 patch yet.

 CSS seen:

 {{{
 .editor-styles-wrapper img {
     display: block;
     height: auto;
     max-width: 100%;
 }

 }}}

 ---

 Logged out of the localhost dev environment site.
 Next back in terminal. I added:

 {{{
 npm run build:dev
 }}}

 Hmm I am still not able to successfully test the patch.
 @hellofromtonya
 Any thoughts?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/52287#comment:11>