[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #52402: New Admin color palette: Improve color contrasts on primary buttons and help tabs

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Feb 1 17:19:39 UTC 2021

#52402: New Admin color palette: Improve color contrasts on primary buttons and
help tabs
----------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  audrasjb        |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new

Comment (by ryelle):

 I've started a PR to correct the contrast issues - in addition to the
 buttons and contextual help tabs, I also fixed the select hover color &
 input focus to be darker blue, and updated the list table actions (delete
 & unapprove).

 These new colors work on the beige and white backgrounds, but on the
 alternate grey, even the darker yellow only gets to 4.38 (that's `#996b00`
 against `#f6f7f7`). The next-darker yellow feels too brown, so I'm
 wondering if we should tweak the palette color itself. This is the only
 place we use this color, so if we adjust it to `#996800` it would pass
 while keeping a gold-yellow feel.

 The other change in here is fixing the checkmark color - this was set in
 SVG, so it was missed by the automated script. Now the checkmark and radio
 button dot match again. These are both `#4f94d4` - do they also need to
 have a 4.5+ contrast?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/52402#comment:3>