[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44610: Allow Youtube-Player to use youtube-nocookie.com URLS to avoid setting cookies.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Feb 1 16:49:29 UTC 2021

#44610: Allow Youtube-Player to use youtube-nocookie.com URLS to avoid setting
cookies.
 Reporter:  jepperask                            |       Owner:
                                                 |  williampatton
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  assigned
  note                                           |

Comment (by TimothyBlynJacobs):

 Is there a friendly way for an end user to get the no cookies embed URL
 instead of the regular embed URL? I'm not sure if this should change all
 YouTube embeds to use the no cookie version as there is a loss of
 functionality. Another one not mentioned, is I believe this also in-effect
 kills ad-free viewing if you have a YouTube Premium account.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44610#comment:43>