[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54652: Hitting Backspace In the Reusable Block Naming Modal Deletes Modal and Selected Blocks

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Dec 17 22:57:55 UTC 2021

#54652: Hitting Backspace In the Reusable Block Naming Modal Deletes Modal and
Selected Blocks
 Reporter:  jeffr0        |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Editor        |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 In WordPress 5.9 beta 3, I discovered the following bug. When selecting
 multiple blocks and adding them to a reusable block, in the modal that
 provides a way to name the reusable blocks, hitting the backspace key not
 only removes the modal from the screen, but all of the blocks that were
 selected are deleted.

 I was not able to recover those blocks using Control Z. I ended up having
 to restore my content from an earlier save. The expected behavior is for
 the modal to allow me to erase characters in the case of fixing a typo.
 This bug can cause a loss of content.

 How to reproduce:
 Step 1: Create a few different blocks
 Step 2: Select all of those blocks
 Step 3: Click the three dots and Add those to reusable blocks.
 Step 4: When the prompt comes up to name the reusable blocks, hit the
 backspace key.