[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #41490: Readme: Update recommendations (include MariaDB) to reflect https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Dec 11 09:24:28 UTC 2021

#41490: Readme: Update recommendations (include MariaDB) to reflect
https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/
----------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  Presskopp       |       Owner:  audrasjb
     Type:  task (blessed)  |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by JavierCasares):

 Only FYI… Now, we are recommending:

 — PHP version 7.4 or greater.
 — MySQL version 5.6 or greater OR MariaDB version 10.1 or greater.
 — HTTPS support

 OK to PHP 7.4+

 MySQL, the latest GA available version is MySQL 5.7 / 8.0 (5.6 is not
 supported anymore)

 Same with MariaDB. Now, the latest GA version supported is MariaDB 10.2…

 Should we recommend unsupported / insecure versions?

 We should clarify if this page is for "requirements" or "recommendations"
 because, as requirements, WordPress may work with many older versions, but
 as recommended we should not propose unsupported versions.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/41490#comment:11>