[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #50423: The expand icon at the bottom of the collapsed admin menu is not easily discoverable.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jun 22 03:02:49 UTC 2020

#50423: The expand icon at the bottom of the collapsed admin menu is not easily
discoverable.
 Reporter:  dmatamales                           |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  new
  design-feedback                                |  administration
Changes (by thimalw):

 * keywords:  needs-design has-screenshots => needs-design has-screenshots
     needs-design-feedback

Comment:

 Above screenshots are what I came up with for the design.

 I don't think we need a redesigned icon here. The problem seems to be that
 the button blends in with the other items on the admin menu and changing
 the icon itself won't do much to distinguish it from the other items.

 The expand/collapse button on the customize page is fixed to the bottom of
 the menu with a higher z-index than the other items. We could do the same
 thing here and have it as kind of a "footer" area on the admin menu.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/50423#comment:3>