[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #50404: Provide language pack update information in auto-updates email notifications

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jun 18 14:10:04 UTC 2020

#50404: Provide language pack update information in auto-updates email
notifications
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  knutsp             |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement        |      Status:  new

Comment (by knutsp):

 Replying to [comment:2 johnbillion]:
 > In what situation does a user need to manually perform a language pack
 update?

 There is a button on `update-core.php` when they are available, making it
 possible to just) update the language packs (all or none), without
 updating any plugin/theme/core.

 Like when I'm waiting for some string updates for a certain plugin or
 theme, but don't want to update any software (now) just to get those new
 strings in immediately.

 This is, however, unrelated to this ticket. This is about ''awareness'' of
 both installed languages and language packs, a possible loss of awareness
 that exist today. Something I don't want to loose, and making me want
 continue to update manually. And that somewhat undermines the goal of the
 auto-updates feature, for some.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/50404#comment:4>