[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #49193: Parent Page selector not available in Page Attributes when using Block Editor

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jan 14 03:35:40 UTC 2020

#49193: Parent Page selector not available in Page Attributes when using Block
Editor
------------------------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  Brandicoot                          |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                        |     Status:  new
                                                |  Review
Component:  General                             |    Version:  5.3.2
 Severity:  normal                              |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui, css, administration, multisite  |
------------------------------------------------+--------------------------
 We're running a multisite with around 190 child sites on it.

 When our users are using the block editor, the "Parent Page" drop down
 selector does not appear within the Page Attributes box.

 I've tried using the default wordpress theme - same result.
 Our test platform, on the same server with an identical configuration and
 plugin set but which only has a couple of child sites is not experiencing
 this problem - however, it does take a couple of seconds for this
 individual dropdown  selector to load.

 The other diference is that the multisite where the issue exists is
 showing an error in developer tools that says "Uncaught (in promise)
 SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 6