[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48139: Please keep our "MOST USED" icons for the "Add A Block" feature for each editor.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Sep 25 17:05:45 UTC 2019

#48139: Please keep our "MOST USED" icons for the "Add A Block" feature for each
editor.
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  mikewestcoast    |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request  |     Status:  new
Component:  General          |    Version:  5.2.2
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                   |
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 This comment is concerning the "ADD A BLOCK" (the icon with the circle and
 cross inside it), in the upper-left hand corner of the Block Editor

 * I work with multiple web professionals for a website.
 * WordPress does NOT save my preferences with the "MOST USED" icons.
 * Every time I log-out and then log back in, WordPress is keeping the
 "MOST USED" icons from the last person who was editing in WordPress.
 * Every time I log-out and then log back in, I have to find my "MOST USED"
 icons.
 * I always use the PARAGRAPH icon and the GALLERY icon when making web
 pages.
 * Why doesn't the GALLERY icon stay in the MOST USED area, after I log-out
 and then log back in again??

 Is this a lot of extra needless work for me? Yes it is. When I log-out of
 WordPress and then log back in again, these are the extra needless steps I
 have to perform.

 * STEP 1) Click on "Add block" and then, I CAN'T REMEMBER WHERE THE
 GALLERY ICON IS, SO I HAVE TO GO TO STEP TWO.
 * STEP 2) Scroll down the drop-down menu,
 * STEP 3) Click "Inline Elements" and then I realize the Gallery icon is
 NOT there.
 * STEP 4) Click on the "Common Blocks" icon.
 * STEP 5) Click on the "Gallery" icon.

 Again... Why doesn't the GALLERY icon stay in the MOST USED area, after I
 log out and then log back in again???

 Shouldn't WordPress programmers make WordPress easier to use and to be
 more efficient to use, for each individual web professional?