[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47610: Media modal: add more headings to better identify the main sections and improve content navigation for assistive technology users

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Oct 15 14:50:38 UTC 2019

#47610: Media modal: add more headings to better identify the main sections and
improve content navigation for assistive technology users
 Reporter:  afercia                  |       Owner:  afercia
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  assigned
  screenshots has-patch i18n-change  |  javascript
Changes (by afercia):

 * owner:  karmatosed => afercia
 * status:  reopened => assigned

Comment:

 On #47149 some concerns were expressed about the "prominence" of the new
 heading in the left sidebar. Happy to implement any design feedback to
 make it less prominent. Some feedback from the design team would be
 appreciated, otherwise I guess we can iterate in the next release cycle.

 If I can suggest a possible option:
 - not sure why the active items in the left sidebar are black in the first
 place
 - interactive elements in WordPress are blue, that's a well established
 convention
 - I'd like to propose to keep the active item blue (and bold)
 - Unbold the new headings

 This way, the heading would be less prominent. See attached screenshot.
 Please just let me know if there's any objection to commit. Thanks.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47610#comment:62>