[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48239: Use a date in General Settings greater than the 12th day for clarity at a glance

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Oct 7 17:29:08 UTC 2019

#48239: Use a date in General Settings greater than the 12th day for clarity at a
glance
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse     |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement         |     Status:  new
Component:  Date/Time           |    Version:
 Severity:  normal              |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui, administration  |
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Hello,

 Currently the General Settings for Date Format uses the current date to
 populate the available format options. This works as expected but I find
 at a glance if the current day is less than the 12th day of the month it's
 hard to distinguish the `m/d/Y` vs `d/m/Y` format. If a more standard date
 that's greater than 12 is used it makes it easier to distinguish the two
 formats at a glance as it's easy to tell which number is the day vs the
 month as months only go up to 12.

 I hope I've explained that, screenshot coming.

 Cheers