[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48585: New button design makes dashboard button text hard to read with Classic Editor

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 13 00:17:54 UTC 2019

#48585: New button design makes dashboard button text hard to read with Classic
Editor
------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  Ate Up With       |       Owner:  audrasjb
  Motor                       |
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  reviewing
Changes (by audrasjb):

 * keywords:   => has-screenshots
 * owner:  (none) => audrasjb
 * status:  new => reviewing
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => 5.3.1

Comment:

 Hi @ate-up-with-motor , welcome to WordPress Trac and thank you for
 opening this ticket!

 Thanks for all the screenshot, this is really useful, even if it was
 already addressed before, WordPress is constantly in development for your
 feedback really helps.

 We will evaluate your feedback during the next accessibility meeting
 (Friday at 15:00 UTC on WordPress Slack, feel free to attend). By he way,
 the alternate color schemes were not accessibility ready even before those
 changes. We know there is a lot to do to improve them in term of
 accessibility.

 For the default color scheme, I guess the issue on the Classic Editor is
 related to the grey background used in the toolbar. I'll check if it
 should be handled in Core or in Classic Editor plugin.

 Thanks again.

 Auto-assigning this ticket to myself for full review and assigning it to
 WP 5.3.1.

 Cheers,
 Jb

--