[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48164: media_sideload_image should store original URL and optionally check for dupes

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Nov 3 17:12:29 UTC 2019

#48164: media_sideload_image should store original URL and optionally check for
dupes
-------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  dshanske     |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Changes (by dshanske):

 * keywords:   => has-patch
 * priority:  normal => low
 * severity:  normal => trivial
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => 5.4

Comment:

 This patch needs no unit testing I can think of. It is merely storing
 information so that we can be sure to attribute images that are passed in
 by URL. The only question is whether the meta key name is the best one for
 this.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/48164#comment:1>