[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #45677: REST Autosaves Controller creating extra instance of a post type REST controller

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jan 29 18:21:23 UTC 2019

#45677: REST Autosaves Controller creating extra instance of a post type REST
controller
--------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  pat@…         |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by TimothyBlynJacobs):

 I don't love the idea of these filters being registered in the class
 constructor, they could possible go in `register_routes`. That being said
 we should probably reuse the same instance anyways, and we have it
 available when instantiating the autosaves controller.

 We should probably make the parameter optional as well and instantiate it
 if not passed to maintain BC.

 @patrelentlesstechnologycom Do you want to work on a patch for this?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/45677#comment:5>