[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48998: :active buttons in 5.3.1. all look the same in different user colour schemes

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Dec 16 10:18:31 UTC 2019

#48998: :active buttons in 5.3.1. all look the same in different user colour
schemes
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  studiotwee      |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement     |     Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |    Version:  5.3.1
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                  |
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 This is a follow-up to #48598.

 Are we sure that completely removing the custom button style when not
 hovering over a button is a good fix for this? In 5.3.1, all buttons have
 a blue outline, no matter if you are in :hover, :active or in default
 status.

 In the screenshots below you can see the different :hover actions.

 **Default Colour Scheme**
 [[Image(https://i.imgur.com/RbKr49C.png)]]

 **Midnight Colour Scheme**
 [[Image(https://i.imgur.com/vtXECXE.png)]]

 **Ocean Colour Scheme, non-hover**
 [[Image(https://i.imgur.com/QXMUR0p.png)]]

 **Ocean Colour Scheme, hover**
 [[Image(https://i.imgur.com/2BxEdd9.png)]]

 I'm all for a11y and this is a vast improvement over how it was, but it
 seems the buttons lost a bit of flair with this update. The buttons look
 incredibly boring and are not as in-your-face as they were before.