[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44267: Privacy Request List Table: A way to show the time of request when it's older than 24 hours.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Oct 15 15:52:50 UTC 2018

#44267: Privacy Request List Table: A way to show the time of request when it's
older than 24 hours.
------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  birgire           |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new
  testing                     |
------------------------------+--------------------------------------------

Comment (by birgire):

 Replying to [comment:22 TZ Media]:
 > Missed that before. As there are no consistent date/time formats in wp-
 admin even in core, not to speak of plugins and themes, this asks for a
 way to have more consistency through either a setting, or some other means
 to provide a standard format. But this is not part of this ticket.

 > As I'm no native speaker in English, I'm probably not the best person to
 suggest the best format to use. That being said, I'd go for "Aug 20, 2018
 16:31" or "August 20, 2018 16:31" just for the sake of simplicity.

 Thanks for your suggestions, adding the {{{at}}} makes it a little more
 involved, but I wonder if it's better for the screen readers?

 The {{{"August 20, 2018 16:31"}}} would be similar to the current date
 format with the time format appended.

 The {{{"Aug 20, 2018 16:31"}}} is e.g. similar to the date format
 (excluding the weekday) of the *WordPress Events News* dashboard widget.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44267#comment:23>