[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #45074: Unable to use rest api if it has a query "?" in the url on Nginx. Gives "{"code":"rest_no_route", "message":"No route was found matching the URL and request method", "data":{"status":404}"

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Oct 11 01:37:25 UTC 2018

#45074: Unable to use rest api if it has a query "?" in the url on Nginx. Gives
"{"code":"rest_no_route","message":"No route was found matching the URL and
request method","data":{"status":404}"
 Reporter:  instanceid    |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  REST API      |    Version:  4.9.8
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 This is a follow-up to #39432.

 Hello,
 I am not sure if it is exactly related to the mentioned ticket, but I am
 having the exact same symptoms. I have scoured the internet for 2 days
 straight reading everything and trying everything I could try but I always
 end up with the same result.

 If I hit :
     /wp-json/wp/v2/users/

 It is just fine (most everything is for that matter), but as soon as I try
 to hit :

     wp-json/wp/v2/users?=

 Or anything involving a query string I get the error of :

     {"code":"rest_no_route","message":"No route was found matching the URL
 and request method","data":{"status":404}

 The two plugins I am using WP REST API - OAuth 1.0a Server as well as
 Advanced Access Manager. If anyone has any insight to this, I would be
 greatly appreciative.

 Thanks,