[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44013: Add Basic Access and Deletion Front-end Request Forms as shortcodes/widgets/blocks

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 10 15:59:35 UTC 2018

#44013: Add Basic Access and Deletion Front-end Request Forms as
shortcodes/widgets/blocks
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  webdevmattcrom   |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request  |      Status:  new

Comment (by webdevmattcrom):

 @brainstormforce and @smub -- keep in mind that this ticket was created in
 light of the fact that the work of creating admin tools has already been
 done and is scheduled to be released with WP 4.9.6. So whether an email
 address in the privacy policy does the job or not is not relevant.

 What is relevant, is that the admin tools will exist, but populating the
 entries in those tools will be completely manual until some sort of front-
 end request form is created. I have no doubt that form plugins will rush
 to fill that gap. But I also believe (as a plugin author myself) that it
 would benefit the whole WP ecosystem for Core to provide the bare minimum
 frontend form (just like it does for registration/login) and that form
 plugins can then extend or hook into that existing form.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44013#comment:9>