[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43254: Link to the Conditional Tags article in the themes handbook from DocBlocks for all conditional tag functions

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Feb 8 00:04:27 UTC 2018

#43254: Link to the Conditional Tags article in the themes handbook from DocBlocks
for all conditional tag functions
----------------------------------------+-------------------
 Reporter:  DrewAPicture                |       Owner:
     Type:  task (blessed)              |      Status:  new
Description changed by DrewAPicture:

Old description:

> We have a lot of conditional tags in core. And by virtue of being
> conditional, they're therefore all related.
>
> We've recently had some contributions to the Code Reference attempting to
> link those functions together via "Related" lists, and since we've
> already codified a fancy document about them in the themes handbook, we
> should just point interested parties there for more information instead
> of posting giant link lists on DevHub.
>
> I would suggest we link the page in the DocBlock descriptions via an
> inline `@link` tag vs a standalone one (which currently isn't exposed
> anywhere when the Code Reference is parsed from source). Inline link tags
> use the following syntax: `{@link URL Label}`
>
> I'd propose we use the same standard language along the lines of this:
> > For more information on this and similar theme functions, check out the
> [Conditional Tags] article in the Theme Developer Handbook.
>
> The handbook article: https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/basics
> /conditional-tags/
>
> The conditional tags whose docs should reference it:

> [...]

New description:

 We've recently had some contributions to the Code Reference from @ahortin

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43254#comment:1>