[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44843: Wrong filter name is used to filter the content of the email that is sent when a user's data is erased

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Aug 26 08:18:16 UTC 2018

#44843: Wrong filter name is used to filter the content of the email that is sent
when a user's data is erased
 Reporter:  sudar         |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Privacy       |    Version:  4.9.8
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 The `_wp_privacy_send_erasure_fulfillment_notification` function sends out
 an email when a user's data is successfully erased.

 It uses the `user_erasure_complete_email_subject` filter to filter the
 subject of the email that is sent, which is correct.

 But to filter out the content of the email,
 `user_confirmed_action_email_content` filter is used which is wrong.
 `user_confirmed_action_email_content` is used to filter out the email that
 is sent to users when they confirm either the data export or data erased
 request.

 The correct filter name should be `user_erasure_complete_email_content`.
 If we agree upon the filter name, I can submit a patch.