[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43750: Establish a standard means of core reading privacy declarations from plugins’ readme.txt

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Apr 18 22:10:14 UTC 2018

#43750: Establish a standard means of core reading privacy declarations from
plugins’ readme.txt
------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  allendav                |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  new

Comment (by mnelson4):

 > In that terms thinking this ticket should be closed in favor of #43620.

 So this ticket just adds some text to show alongside the plugin
 description on wp.org, then it doesn’t sound too high priority. Plugin
 developers can already provide privacy information to site owners in their
 plugin description; and copy they want to be shown to site users when the
 plugin is activated will be provided by #43620.
 So it sounds like the only reason to do this is if we want plugin privacy
 information on wp.org to be separate from the plugin description (which
 might be useful for helping to standardise it and have logic use that
 privacy information be more machine accessible).
 So I haven’t totally made my mind up on this, just providing some food for
 thought on the topic.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43750#comment:5>