[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42609: Regression: WordPress 4.9 theme editor cannot edit files when running on a Windows based server

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 30 22:43:38 UTC 2017

#42609: Regression: WordPress 4.9 theme editor cannot edit files when running on a
Windows based server
--------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  Otto42        |       Owner:  dd32
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by SergeyBiryukov):

 Replying to [comment:5 247pinger]:
 > I just created a new file called "page-giftcards.php" using the touch
 ("page-giftcards.php") php code in one of my other theme files (which
 worked until updating to 4.9).

 > And not only does the file not show up in the list of theme files as
 seen through the dashboard (I have verified it's existence by logging into
 the server via SSH)... but when I hack the URL of my theme editor to try
 and edit page-giftcards.php specifically... I am told "Sorry, that file
 cannot be edited."

 This sounds more like #42573 (also fixed in 4.9.1).

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42609#comment:34>