[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37661: A New Experience for Discovering, Installing, and Previewing Themes in the Customizer

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Sep 24 05:11:31 UTC 2016

#37661: A New Experience for Discovering, Installing, and Previewing Themes in the
Customizer
 Reporter:  celloexpressions         |       Owner:  celloexpressions
     Type:  feature request          |      Status:  assigned
  screenshots needs-testing has-     |  javascript
  user-testing                       |

Comment (by celloexpressions):

 significant refactoring of the way sections and panels work internally,
 see forthcoming Make/Core post.

 We still need feedback and testing. Please update to latest trunk, then
 apply this latest patch and hard refresh and empty the cache in your
 browser to test the patch directly.

 Also, please take a look at the user testing results:
 https://make.wordpress.org/design/2016/09/23/user-testing-the-new-
 customizer-themes-experience/. Please share your thoughts on how those go
 and potential improvements in the comments, then we can bring specific
 action items back to the ticket for implementation. Additional
 interpretations there are much appreciated, as I'm certainly biased at
 this point (and influenced parts of the tests to keep things moving since
 they were done in person).

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37661#comment:42>