[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #36717: Allow to access network and site properties using the current naming conventions

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 26 00:37:28 UTC 2016

#36717: Allow to access network and site properties using the current naming
conventions
--------------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  flixos90            |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement         |      Status:  new

Comment (by flixos90):

 Replying to [comment:9 jeremyfelt]:
 > I started trying to convert the new properties to `int`, but I think
 that gets too messy.

 I just thought about the same while looking at the patch before even
 reading your comment. Couldn't we, only for the new properties, ensure
 that when they're read they return an integer? And then, when setting the
 property, ensure it's a string? That would give the new properties a
 matching type while preserving backwards-compatibility with the old
 properties. Or am I missing something here?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/36717#comment:10>