[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37439: Why is "input_attrs" attribute not used in Customizer checkbox, radio, select, textarea controls?

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Aug 11 05:23:43 UTC 2016

#37439: Why is "input_attrs" attribute not used in Customizer checkbox, radio,
select, textarea controls?
-------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  Collizo4sky  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by westonruter):

 @Collizo4sky it does draw inspiration from Backbone, however it is not
 Backbone. It was developed before Backbone was introduced to Core. I'd say
 the most important “backbone” of the Customizer JS is the
 `wp.customize.Value` class. It can be compared to a `Model` in Backbone.
 The `active` state is an instance of this `Value` class. There is also
 `wp.customize.Values` which can be compared to a `Collection` in Backbone.
 There is some JS information in the
 [https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/advanced-topics/customizer-api/
 The Customizer API] docs, though I agree that there is a lack of
 documentation for the underlying framework and paradigm for the JS in the
 Customizer. I'll make a note to start writing some posts to dive into the
 various aspects of the JS framework.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37439#comment:12>