[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #30991: Post type object capability 'delete_posts' is referenced in the posts list table but does not exist unless 'map_meta_cap' is set to true for post type

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Feb 10 05:43:05 UTC 2015

#30991: Post type object capability 'delete_posts' is referenced in the posts list
table but does not exist unless 'map_meta_cap' is set to true for post type
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  bamadesigner       |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new
Changes (by dd32):

 * milestone:  4.1.1 => 4.2

Comment:

 Although this is new in this location, it's not a new notice, you'll also
 see this in the Publish metabox for unpublishes CPT's, and probably a few
 other places.

 WordPress assumes that certain capabilities will be set, `delete_posts` is
 one of them. I'd suggest that instead of adding isset() checks, we should
 pre-define these as `do_not_allow` in `get_post_type_capabilities()` when
 not provided by the CPT registration.

 I'm shifting to 4.2 based on that, as this doesn't cause any negative
 issues, and is really a good reminder to developers to assign capabilities
 when they're not using the builtins.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/30991#comment:5>