[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24011: Consider hiding post title for "Status" and "Aside" formats and autogenerating

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jul 4 13:58:36 UTC 2013

#24011: Consider hiding post title for "Status" and "Aside" formats and
autogenerating
----------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  markjaquith     |       Owner:
     Type:  task (blessed)  |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by kovshenin):

 I spent a fair amount of time with this today and could not really find
 where it all goes wrong, at least in core. I added the following piece of
 code to the filter callback.

 {{{
 $group = 'posts';
 $key = $wp_object_cache->key( $post_id, $group );
 if ( ! isset( $wp_object_cache->cache[ $key ] ) ) {
         error_log( sprintf( 'key not set: %s on %s', $key,
 $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] . $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] ) );
 }
 }}}

 This checks whether the passed in post id is already in the local cache,
 and if it's not, it means that the following calls to `get_post_format`
 and `get_post` will fetch the remote cache. I haven't got a single entry
 while browsing trunk with a few plugins. Not a single entry.

 I tried the same experiment on WordPress.com and I did get a few entries.
 I'm looking further into it now, but it seems like `get_the_title` in
 conjunction with `get_post` is slightly misbehaving.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24011#comment:59>