[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21311: The "Paste as plain text" feature in TinyMCE produces double-line breaks between paragraphs.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Aug 23 03:18:08 UTC 2013

#21311: The "Paste as plain text" feature in TinyMCE produces double-line breaks
between paragraphs.
 Reporter:  uxtremist     |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by c3mdigital):

 * keywords:  close =>
 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => wontfix

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:3 uxtremist]:
 > Thanks for the response. I can't see the "Text" editor tab at all, even
 in full-screen mode. Is this in version 3.4.1?

 > Note: In the TinyMCE demonstration, the paste-as-plain-text plugin
 doesn't have a pop-up window — but it otherwise behaves as I would expect;
 that is, it doesn't insert empty   lines:
 http://www.tinymce.com/tryit/full.php

 > I agree that if the "Paste as text" button is redundant, it should be
 removed. What happens if I want to paste HTML into the "Text" editor tab?
 Does it strip out the HTML tags?

 The text tab does was formally named the HTML tab and no it does not strip
 out HTML except iframe and script tags if the user does not have
 unfiltered HTML caps.  I'm closing as wont fix since the the double line
 breaks are the intended behavior.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21311#comment:4>