[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #19237: admin_notices clutter the new about.php, freedoms.php, credits.php admin pages

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Nov 12 15:34:19 UTC 2011

#19237: admin_notices clutter the new about.php, freedoms.php, credits.php admin
pages
----------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  devinreams      |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |     Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |    Version:  3.3
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:  has-patch needs-patch
----------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Regarding the new about.php et al, I'm not sure if you think this should
 be in another ticket like #18742 but, since the h2 for the page (nav-tab-
 wrapper) doesn't show up until the middle of the page (in the form of
 tabs) instead of intended at the top of the page, all admin_notices get
 cluttered up down here.

 Perhaps we change the h2s to h3 and update the styles? That way the
 notices don't clutter the content.

 - Screenshot with admin_notices at h2: http://cl.ly/1K1n0D2P3j0d3b0G1s27
 - Screenshot with admin_notices at top of page:
 http://cl.ly/1V1o0I0F0A123M0v2s0F

 (this may be an opportunity to standardize on the tabbed styles for
 multisite, see site-info.php)

 Diff attached, didn't take a stab at the styles yet as I wasn't sure if I
 would nab it all correctly.