[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #12931: Upgrading a Single Site install to MultiSite Install with Subdirs is not safe

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri May 21 04:39:51 UTC 2010

#12931: Upgrading a Single Site install to MultiSite Install with Subdirs is not
safe
 Reporter:  nacin         |       Owner:  nacin
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  accepted
Component:  Multisite     |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  blocker       |    Keywords:  needs-patch

Comment(by nacin):

 > If the site is less than a month old, some people may have to update a
 link or two, but they will get over it.

 But they need to *know* fully that they are changing their blog. They need
 to confirm their actions in the opt-in affirmative. My proposal is that
 they should be required to add a filter in that case. If they can't add a
 filter, it's the same deal with constants -- then they shouldn't be
 running multisite in 3.0.

 I am quite literally proposing that if it is not a completely empty
 install, then they may not install subdirectories, unless they trash all
 of their posts or add a filter.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12931#comment:14>