[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #9047: add_object_page Limit, adding more than 13 and you start to lose the core menu

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Feb 4 23:06:38 GMT 2009

#9047: add_object_page Limit, adding more than 13 and you start to lose the core
menu
 Reporter:  sc0ttkclark   |       Owner:
Component:  UI            |     Version:  2.7
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:
 I've done some testing with the function add_object_page

 You start out with 5 object pages in a fresh install of WordPress.

 With certain plugins adding add_object_page, specifically ones giving more
 CMS functionality with custom content types (past Posts and Pages), there
 are issues when this function is called a certain number of times. You
 begin to lose the core menu from below. When I say lose, I mean, the gap
 between the two sections, the add_object_page section and the
 add_utility_page section.

 Below are my findings after testing the limits, and keep in mind these
 numbers are not including the original 5 core menu items (Posts, Media,
 Links, Pages, Comments):

 at 14 you lose the Appearance menu item (and the separator between the
 object and utility menu sections)
 at 19 you lose the Plugins menu item
 at 24 you lose the Users menu item

 I could go on further, but you get the picture. These menu items should
 never disappear no matter how many object pages are added.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9047>