[wp-testers] using word press

Joseph Ortenzi joe at joiz.com
Thu Sep 16 23:56:22 UTC 2010

HI Marvin

I think it is a great idea to consider wordpress for your site, rather than
a more complex CMS. WordPress has a great collection of plug-ins that should
cover most of what you will likely need, and a large community of developers
who can help you out with the rest.

As you know, the important part of a website is the content.

Before you start though you should consider a content audit and strategy,
your information architecture, and the type(s) of activities you want your
users to be engaged in. Once you have that clear in your mind, and planned
out in a document, you will be better placed to consider how to implement it
into a CMS

I hope you found this helpful
Joe

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 6:59 PM, Rich Pedley <elfin at elfden.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Marvin,
>
> You might find the accessibility list more useful, you can join it via:
>
> I know there is a least one partially sighted user on that list who should
> be able to answer some of your questions. (I think he uses Jaws).
>
> Rich
>

> On 16/09/2010 08:41, Marvin Hunkin wrote:
>
>>     hi.
>> a blind computer user using the jaws for windows screen reader from
>> http://www.freedomscientific.com
>> and wondering how to use word press.
>> and to rebuild my star trek site using cms.
>> now how to start this project and to rebuild.
>> had been using visual web developer express 2008 and sql server management
>> studio.
>> and a blind programming friend from blindgeeks at yahoogroups.com but he has
>> not got time to help with the project, that he started with me over 18
>> months ago.
>> and now stuck and got coders block.
>> so was thinking about using a cms.
>> so how to dtart.
>> any accessibility that will work with jaws.
>> got the wamp server 2.0.
>> thank you.
>> marvin.
>> ps: using windows vista home premium on a toshiba a300 satellite 2 gh ram,
>> 2.1 ghz processor, 250 gb ram, a 1 tb external western digital hard disk,
>> ati radium graphics, real tech audio manager.
>> 19:34:00

====================================
This email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private
Joseph Ortenzi
joe at joiz.com
joe at wheelyweb.com
+61 (0)434 047 804