[wp-testers] Menus Custom Link - target= - wp3b1 -> wp3b2

Alex Leonard alexleonard2003 at gmail.com
Mon May 10 09:39:10 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I just though I should note the following behaviour, in case there's
anything funny about it.

On Beta1 any Custom Link added always included the deprecated target=
attribute in the anchor element.

I see on Beta2 that this option has been removed (which I approve of).
However the rendering of the same nav menus resulted in continued inclusion
of this target="_xxxx".

I was mystified by this but found that by adding a new sample custom link to
the menu and saving, that behaviour disappeared and both the new custom link
and the old one no longer rendered with the offending target attribute.

Not sure if this is even relevant, but if anyone was confused about their
menu items continuing to retain the target attribute this appears to be the
way to fix it.

Cheers,

Alex