[wp-testers] custom post type or clone post?

Danny G Smith dgs at riskiii.com
Tue May 4 13:57:30 UTC 2010

Is it possible to create a custom post type that has more than one permalink like the standard post has?  It appears to me that you can create an array of rewrites, i.e.

'rewrite' => array("slug" => "podcast"), // Permalinks

but I am not sure how you would map them.  What I am wanting to do is create a featured post with a large image that will be used in a rotating jQuery script, similar to dynamic content gallery, but only be able to have more than one.  If I was able to create a new field in the normal post, that would be ideal, but would rather not use custom fields as that would be a training issue.

thanks,
Danny