[wp-testers] SVN for plugins?

Tris Hussey tris at trishussey.com
Tue Mar 9 19:11:08 UTC 2010

I played around with plugins.svn.wordpress.org and kept getting a slew of
errors trying to check out plugins from the command line. I did a little
more poking and it sounds like the public svn plugin pull is
svn.wp-plugins.org. I got that to work quite well. My goal is to create
either a repository to be able to deploy client sites with wp and the core
plugins I like or a script to check out (and do the same).

I was playing with using svn propedit svn:externals to do the pull and it
works almost exactly how I want. The one thing I can't figure out is how to
 checkout WP into the root of the working copy directory instead of a sub
directory.

For example ... if my working copy is in foo (and I start out with an empty
repository to take advantage of using externals) the only thing I could get
to work is to have WP check out into foo/wordpress when I just want the
equiv. of using "svn co http://core.svn.wordpress.org/tags/2.9.2/ ."

I think it's all in the externals properties are defined I'm sure. If there
are any SVN gurus who know how I should write that externals line/call, I'd
greatly appreciate it. Otherwise I think I'm going to write a shell script
to (essentially) do the same thing just using repeated checkouts.

Playing with SVN is far easier than bashing through the last bit of writer's
blog, let me tell you.

Tris