[wp-testers] Automating Network Install

Piotr Karólewski yellowe at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 20:16:00 UTC 2010

I don't mean to answer in a stupid way, but as I've seen in previous posts,
MU install is for users that have experience in managing Wordpress blogs.
There is nothing difficultt to change wp-config if You have experience.
If you're newbie in WP, don't install MU. It's not for you.
If you manage, for example, 15 blogs, you MUST have some experience.

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 10:02 PM, Daniel Morrison <info at danstechstop.com>wrote:

> I don't mean to ask a stupid question, but is there any reason that it
> needs
> to be hard to install?
>

> On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 15:47, Andrew Nacin <wp at andrewnacin.com> wrote:
>
> > This is how it will be for this release. We'll be revisiting it in future
> > releases, but an multisite install is not currently for the faint of
> heart.
> >
> > On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 3:13 PM, Jay Fortner <w3prodigy at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > When setting up wordpress for multi-users (or "networking") it seems
> like
> > > all this tedious work that used to be automated is now required to do
> by
> > > hand. Is this a long term solution or just temporary with the 3.0 beta
> > > release? For example: Copying code into wp-config.php and manually
> > writing
> > > the .htaccess file.

Pozdrawiam serdecznie,
Piotr Karólewski