[wp-testers] Pages widget not in correct order

André andre at thehook.eu
Wed Jul 22 10:59:08 UTC 2009

Well I made a quickfix in wp-includes/default-widgets.php right after
posting here:
      //$sortby = empty(
$instance['sortby'] ) ? 'menu_order' : $instance['sortby'];
      $sortby = 'menu_order';

But is
there a better way to fix this as these changes most likely get lost while
upgrading wordpress? Same with the Meta widget, where I have changed some
of the links.

I also think most people assume that when they
order their pages, they would show in order by default.

>> I have set a specific order for my pages listing, and it
>> works perfectly in the horizontal menu of my theme. But somehow
it's not
>> ordered correctly in the "Pages" widget
on my sidebar, it is
>> however ordered by name.