[wp-testers] Detroit Wordcamp?

Kim Parsell kparsell-wp at kpdesign.net
Tue Jan 13 20:12:07 GMT 2009

Pat -

Aaron Brazell mentioned over the Hackers list this afternoon about
approaching universities for space to have the Word Camp event in, as
the costs associated with holding it there are minimal. To quote him:

"Why don't you approach a University? In my experience with PodCamps, WordCamps and BarCamps, the best events are held at Universities. Many times they will give you their space for virtually nothing! For instance, we are doing WordCamp Mid-Atlantic at University of Baltimore. PodCamp Philly was held at Drexel Univ in 2007 and Temple in 2008. The worst events are held in corporate space, IMHO. There's usually too many security issues (can't have walk ups, gotta have badges, etc) and they aren't as cozy."

Put the word out in the blogging community and start connecting with
other bloggers in the Detroit area to get a committee together to
organize the event. All of you together can pull this off. ;)

Kim