[wp-testers] Spamming comment from email very slow (2.7)

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 16:39:59 GMT 2009

Hey folks,

I've come across a rather consistent problem with the 2.7 Admin when marking a comment as spam (or approving or deleting it) from the "Spam it" link in a notification email. It takes upwards of 45-50 seconds to accomplish once the comment is marked as spam from the resulting admin page to where the comment ends up in the spam queue.

However, if I spam a comment from the admin's comment page rather than the admin page launched by the "Spam it" link in the email, it only takes a few seconds to accomplish the same task. Any ideas why this may be occuring? The rest of the 2.7 admin runs nice and quick even without Gears enabled (I'm using Firefox 3.1 builds--not compatible with Google Gears yet). I've tested this with other browsers set as default and it's the same thing.