[wp-testers] 24-hour has-patch marathon

Jane Wells jane at automattic.com
Thu Apr 16 11:32:47 GMT 2009

Hi everyone. A reminder post will go live on the dev blog at 4pm UTC/
9am Pacific about the 24-hour has-patch marathon that's happening
today/tomorrow, but I thought I'd drop a note in here as well. Since
the key to the marathon resulting in a lot of commits today/tonight is
having patches tested before the core devs get to them, this event is
really about you guys. Yes, people are encouraged to submit patches
during the marathon, but the real need is testing. There are almost
200 patches sitting in Trac waiting to be evaluated, and most of them
need testing. If you can take some time today to test a few, that
would be great. Here are the tickets with patches:

http://core.trac.wordpress.org/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=component&milestone=2.8&keywords=
~has-patch

And if anyone plans to stay up and actually test patches for a full 24
hours, let me know. If you're blogging/twittering about it throughout
the marathon (saying what tickets you're currently testing or
whatever), we might point to you as an example from the WordPress
twitter account.

When I put up the results of the marathon on the dev blog on Monday,
I'll also link to the top 5 testers from the 24-hour marathon period
(measured by number of patches tested/commented in trac treads).

Thanks!
Jane