[wp-testers] Re: post_password_required()

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Nov 20 22:01:33 GMT 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 3:44 PM, Idled Soul <idledsoul at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for that Otto! :D However, this is for theme distribution, so I'm
> trying to get it just right and without possible flaws. I don't have the
> legacy.comments.php file in the theme folder AT ALL .. and applied that
> filter to the functions.php file... and it appears to be working just fine

It appears to be working just fine because you're only actually
testing the theme on a 2.7 install. If you're wanting to make it to
also work on 2.6, then you need to try it on a 2.6 install. That's
when it will break, and that's the point of the legacy.comments.php
file, to have the old comments.php working for older installations of
WP.