[wp-testers] CITE attribute of BLOCKQUOTE stripped by TinyMCE

Rick Beckman rick.beckman at gmail.com
Fri May 16 16:54:09 GMT 2008

The visual editor is generally many times quicker than writing code
directly, though; via the TinyMCE-Advanced plugin, there's a button for just
about everything I need. And then I don't have to worry so much about
previewing.

WordPress features shouldn't have to be excused for experienced users; if
the visual editor doesn't play nice with our well-formed code, are we really
expecting it to play nice with inexperienced users who could be pasting
goodness-knows-what into the editor?

Strip Microsoft Word tags if we must, but valid HTML -- especially when
posted by an admin -- should be respected.

--
Rick

Rick Beckman
http://rickbeckman.org/